Things I learnt as an elder:
1. What you inherit, you inherit – the chance to protest was before I accepted the call
2. Support & Challenge – but don’t make your weaker brother stumble
3. Focus on what unites you rather than what divides.
4. Don’t address other leaders specifically
5. Public support, private challenge is the model
6. Ask yourself: Is it worth breaking the unity of the spirit?
7. Criticism, even truthful criticism, leads to volunteers withdrawing
8. If my focus isn’t on my Saviour I’ll be knocked off balance
9. Why not rather be wronged than keep pushing your case?
10. Genuine motives can be misinterpreted and misunderstood